What It Means To Be “Military Friendly”
Military Student Bill of Rights
- Accurate information about a school's programs, requirements, accreditation, and its potential impact on course transferability without disclosure of student personal information.
- Educational planning, career guidance and financial aid information without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading 'scholarship' offers based on military tuition assistance.
- Appropriate academic screening and course placement based on student readiness.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services and clearly defined grievance/appeals processes.
- Clearly defined institutional "drop/add" and withdrawal policies and
procedures including information about the impact of military duties (e.g.,
mobilization, activation, temporary duty assignments) on their academic
standing and financial responsibilities.
The Principles of Excellence are guidelines for educational institutions receiving Federal funding. Schools that agree to participate will:
• Provide a “shopping sheet” for each student.
• Provide educational plans for all Military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
Pulaski Technical College supports student educational planning with academic advising and access to evaluation tools that assists students in choosing career paths. All transcripts must be evaluated within the first semester so that clear and correct information detailing how students will fulfill all the requirements necessary to graduate and the expected timeline of completion. These tools are available to all students, including individuals using Federal military and veteran’s educational benefits.
• End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentation.
Pulaski Technical College fully complies with the ED regulations (34 C.F.R. 668.71-888.75 and 668.14) related to program integrity issues, including restrictions on recruitment, misrepresentation, and payment of incentive compensation. PTC does not recruit; however, materials are made available at job fairs and public events that PTC has a recruiting representation.
• Provide accommodations for Service Members and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
If a class is missed due to service requirements, the student must speak with the instructor about making up the class work. If the student is deployed then the student, whether the soldier, spouse, or dependent) is offered one of three choices in accordance with Arkansas Code § 6-61-112.
• Designate a Point of Contact for advising.
Phone: (501) 812-2360
• Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
Pulaski Technical College is accredited by the North Central Association of Accreditation, the official accrediting agency for the region. Find information about specific accredited programs and departments in the PTC Catalog. Pulaski Tech follows all “substantive change” requirements of our accrediting agency and any special agencies associated with the various schools and departments within the College. PTC also keeps all programs (degree, certificate and certificates of proficiency) and policies in compliance with the State Approving Agency.
• Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV.
Pulaski Technical Colleges’ disbursement of Federal Student Aid is outlined here.
Financial aid checks are disbursed at various times during the semester
normally the third week of classes. Postings will be made on the
Accounts/Cashier page on the Pulaski Technical College Web site advising you
when the checks will be available. Students must present a picture ID to
pick up their checks. Click here for Financial Aid refund dates.
The refund policy is guided by the Department Of Education’s Annual Publication called the Federal Student Aid Handbook. These policies are outlined and available by clicking here.
A copy of PTC’s refund policies can be found by clicking here.