Transferring to a Four-Year University
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Tech students planning to transfer to a four-year university have several choices. For students who know they want to transfer but are not sure about where to go or what their major will be, the Associate of Arts degree is a good choice.
Associate of Arts Information:
- The Associate of Arts is made up of a general education core that is accepted at all public universities in the state.
- The electives for this degree include many of the Arkansas College Transfer System (ACTS) courses.
- Other electives are common transferrable courses accepted by most of the universities. For questions talk to your academic advisor.
The ACTS website contains information about the transferability of courses within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits and equitable treatment in the application of credits for admissions and degree requirements. Students may complete specified General Education courses anywhere in the public system as well as many courses in the degree/major that have been pre-identified for transfer. Click here for information on ACTS courses.
Associate of Science:
Students who know their major and where they plan to transfer, should first check to see if University of Arkansas - Pulaski Tech has an Associate of Science degree with transfer agreements for that major and that university.
- UA-PTC partners with several universities to help students have a seamless transfer to complete a Bachelorís degree or to work on pre-requisites for a degree.
- UA-PTC has transfer agreements (sometimes called articulation agreements or 2 + 2s) for many of the major degree programs offered at these universities.
In an effort to simplify the transfer process and allow a student to transition to the university in the most efficient manner possible, a transfer agreement will specify exactly which courses the student will need to complete at UA-PTC. This agreement guarantees full acceptance of those courses (if successfully completed) toward the completion of a bachelorís degree.
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Tech has transfer agreements with all of the universities listed below. Click on the college logo to see the different agreements available.
University of Central Arkansas (UCA)
University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR)
Henderson State University (HSU)
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (UAF)
For links to other universities, institutions, and Nursing programs near University of Arkansas - Pulaski Tech click here.