PTC Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
All currently enrolled PTC students are now eligible to apply for most
scholarships; there are still a few that are only available to second year
students. All applications require a 300 word essay; most now require a letter
of recommendation from a PTC instructor. First semester students must provide
proof of current grades (specific criteria is listed on the individual
applications). Fall application deadline is November 1st; spring deadline is
April 1st. All eligibility requirements are outlined on each application; please
make sure to read each application as they have different eligibility
requirements. The scholarship listings below are in Adobe PDF format.
Offered during the fall and spring semesters:
- Fred Darragh Single Parent Scholarship – Enrolled, single parent student with a minimum GPA of 2.0; need based
- Argenta City Club Scholarship – Limited to North Little Rock residents only; GPA of 2.0 or above; need based
- P.G. & Melanie Bradford Endowed Scholarship – Enrolled student in a degree or certificate program in any one of the following areas: Health, Education or Human Services, Business & Information Technology, Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management or Technical & Industrial. Requires a letter of recommendation from an instructor.
- Janet Davis Endowed Scholarship – $100 textbook allowance for an enrolled student.
- Crain Automotive Team of Dealerships Scholarship – Up to $1,500 for a student enrolled in the Automotive Technology programs.
- Bumper to Bumper/Crow Burlingame Co Endowed Scholarship – Enrolled second year student in the Automotive Technology, Collision Repair or Diesel Technology programs; requires a letter of recommendation from an instructor.
- Heathcott Family Endowed Scholarship – Need based scholarship to an enrolled student.
- 3M Technical/Industrial Scholarship – Enrolled student in a Technical/Industrial program; minimum 2.0 GPA
- Ted and Betty Williams Charitable Trust Scholarship – Enrolled student in a Technical/Industrial degree program, minimum 3.0 GPA, and one letter of recommendation from an instructor.
- Conrad J Sctzelecki Scholarship – For an enrolled Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, or Entrepreneurship program; GPA above 2.5.
Offered in the fall only:
- Chef Paul Bash “French Whip” Endowed Scholarship – Enrolled second year culinary student; minimum 3.0 GPA. Student cannot be receiving any other PTC scholarships.
- Windgate Charitable Foundation Scholarship – Enrolled Fine Arts student; minimum 3.0 GPA
- Delta Dental Endowed Scholarship – Enrolled Dental Assisting student.
- Willard & Pat Walker Charitable Foundation Endowed Scholarship – Nontraditional student who has chosen nursing as their career choice. Can be either enrolled in the Practical Nursing program or completing prerequisites before applying to nursing degree programs at other institutions of higher education. Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Simmons First National Bank Endowed Scholarship – Full-time, second year student pursuing an Associate’s Degree; head of a low to moderate income household. Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Andre Simon Memorial Scholarship – To assist a student enrolled in the Culinary Arts program who desires a career in the culinary arts field but needs financial assistance to fulfill that desire.
Offered in the spring only:
- Television Broadcasters of Arkansas Scholarship – Enrolled students with the intent to study in the radio, TV, publication, or Mass Communication fields with a goal to pursue a career in broadcast television. Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Joseph O’Neal Memorial Scholarship – Enrolled student pursuing an Associate of Arts degree, technical certificate or application to an accredited career program; minimum 2.5 GPA. Requires a letter of recommendation from an instructor.
- Linda & Gene Pfeifer Endowed Scholarship – Enrolled Pulaski County student; minimum 3.2 GPA or top 25% of high school class. Cannot be receiving any other PTC scholarship.
- Richard A.Williams Endowed Paralegal Technology Scholarship – Enrolled Paralegal student.
- Once the application deadline passes, students will be notified via PTC email if they have been selected to interview for the scholarship. Interviews are usually two weeks after the application deadline and are mandatory.
- Students awarded scholarships must send a letter of appreciation to the foundation office (a template will be provided) before any funds will be disbursed.
- Students applying for all scholarships must have an established Pulaski Tech GPA (cannot be a new or first semester student).
- Unless otherwise noted, the minimum GPA is usually 2.0.
- Scholarships are for the semester following the interviews. Exceptions are sometimes made so a student can use their money for a summer class.
For more information contact Michele Grainger at (501) 812-2387 or e-mail email@example.com.