The Welding Technology program at Pulaski Technical College welcomes students from all walks of life, of all ages and with widely varying goals. The aspiring professional, hobbyist, artisan or retiree embarking on a second career all will receive training based on the curriculum standards of the American Welding Society at prices that are a fraction of the cost of attending a private welding school. They will be prepared to pass certification exams offered for free at the college in the following processes:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
The two-semester Technical Certificate program includes instruction in welding processes, joint design and metallurgy. The Certificate of Proficiency will allow an individual to complete certification requirements in 3G (vertical) positioning.
- Technical Certificate in Welding Technology (PDF)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Welding Technology (PDF)