Access CodesSome of our online courses require the purchase of an access code in addition to the required textbook. The reason that you may need to purchase an access code is that the publishers have provided the content and support for your course. Access code fees usually range from $25-60, which can be purchased with a credit card. Blackboard accepts MasterCard and Visa only.
If you do not have a credit card, you should make other arrangements for payment. The division chair for your course or your instructor will be able to help you with alternative arrangements. Additionally, the cost of access codes is sometimes not covered by financial aid. Any questions or concerns about access codes should be directed to your instructor first.
Purchasing an Access Code
- Log in to the MYPTC Portal.
- Click the Academics tab.
- Click the Blackboard icon.
- Click on the title of your class.
- Look in the right panel for the message, “Purchasing and Using Access Codes.”
- You will then be able to click on the blue link (click on the word online) in the sentence, “You can purchase a Student Access code online.”
- Fill out the billing and credit card information, and complete the transaction.
- After you receive your access code, you should follow the logging on instructions for your online course.
Submitting an Access Code
If your class requires an access code, please follow these steps:
- Click the course title to enter.
- Read the license agreement.
- Click accept to agree to the license agreement.
- Enter your access code.
- Click the submit access code button.