Professional DevelopmentThe Professional Development Institute provides and promotes professional development activities for PTC faculty and staff. These events are advertised through campus e-mail, but a list of upcoming events can be located in Technet, the PTC Intranet. To access the current list of PD opportunities, follow the directions for registering (below). New: Video of how to register.
Electronic Gradebook and the Jenzabar LMS
The Electronic Gradebook LibGuides site houses the handouts that have been created on the Jenzabar eLearning LMS for PTC. Here, you will find instructions for accessing your online courses (gradebooks), setting up a basic gradebook, and much more.
Fall 2014 PD Week
Schedule only: August 12-15
For a full list of sessions, including descriptions, check your PTC email.
We have a portal presence. Log in to the MyPTC portal, click on the “Faculty and Staff” tab at the top of the page, and then click “Center for Teaching Excellence” in the navigation bar. This site contains links to various resources, including instructions for accessing the ADHE Perkins webinars, using technology, and more.
The Professional Development Institute has a number of webinars that are available for on-demand training. While the webinars are not available to be loaned out, we will be happy to schedule them for your department or division to view in the training room (IT 206). Some of the topics are listed below.
- Student Success (several titles)
- Classroom Management
- Effective online teaching
- Disruptive students, campus violence
- At-risk, Millennial, transfer, and veteran students
- Using data and metrics to measure student persistence
- Retaining students, both online and on-campus
- Survival strategies for new college instructors
- First generation college students
- Technology tips
- Greening the community college
- Helping college students develop critical thinking skills
- Helping faculty manage online workloads
- Intrusive academic advising
- Law and legal issues for faculty, staff and administration
- Learning communities
- Prior learning assessment
- Active learning
- Three keys to effective decision making for academic leaders
Registering for Events
- Registration and calendar information: Registering for professional development events and accessing the training calendar
- Course Registration for PTC Professional Development Events (PDF)
Additional Information and Resources
- Links to More Professional Development Resources
- Microsoft Office products
- SMART Tutorials: SMART boards, Notebook 10, SMART Sympodium, etc.
For more information about Professional Development at Pulaski Technical College, please contact:
Director, Professional Development Institute
Pulaski Technical College
3000 W. Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2813