|Job Title: ||Food Preparation Specialist North Little Rock Campus Management Institute--Catering|
|Department: ||Culinary Arts and Hospitality |
|Date Posted: ||9/23/2013|
|Job Description: ||Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, Arkansas, one of the state's fastest growing two year colleges, is accepting applications for a full-time Food Preparation Specialist to assist with catering on the main campus in North Little Rock. The Food Preparation Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day business of the Catering Events located in NLR at the PTC main campus, under the direct supervision of Catering Manager.
• Maintains systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of all food and related items.
• Takes responsibility for the performance of catered events.
• Plans and coordinates menu.
• Responds to customer complaints.
• Adheres to uniform standards.
• Meets and greeting customers.
• Advises customers on menu.
• Maintains high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
• Checks stock levels and ordering supplies.
• Assists in any area of Catering when circumstances dictate.
• Assists in preparation and execution of catered events, both in house and without.
• Maintains a clean workstation throughout shift.
• Assists in maintaining a clean and orderly front of house.
• Maintains a positive attitude in the execution of duties.
• Displays a high level of commitment to the team and to the job.
• This position requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. Ability to stand for prolonged periods-all day if necessary.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30-50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned to include all areas of the restaurant, catering rooms, loading dock area, exterior of restaurant, etc...
Specific to Main Campus Food Service:
• Caters special events including nights and weekends.
• Works directly with Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute faculty/staff/students to cater special events.
• Promotes the goals of the school both internally and externally.
• Promotes the mission of Pulaski Technical College.
|Minimum Requirements: ||MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Certified or Certifiable with the American Culinary Association.
Applicable food service/restaurant work experience.
Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive two-year college and its role in total community development.
Understanding and commitment to equal access/equal opportunity.
|Benefits: ||Comprehensive benefits package to include life insurance, health insurance, vacation, sick leave, retirement and tuition waiver for full-time benefits eligible employees.|
|Contact Info: ||Interested candidates should submit a Pulaski Technical College employment application and resume to: Pulaski Technical College, Office of Human Resources, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118.