|Job Title: ||Part-time Academic Advisor Little Rock-West|
|Department: ||Counseling and Advising|
|Date Posted: ||2/18/2013|
|Closing Date: ||2/23/2013|
|Job Description: ||Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock, Arkansas, one of the state's fastest growing two-year colleges, is accepting applications for a Part-time Academic Advisor Little Rock-West. The Part-time Academic Advisor reports to the Director of Student Services, LR-South. This position serves as a general academic advisor to current and prospective students. The position also provides assistance in other Student Services areas as needed. General Responsibilities
1. Provide career exploration and academic advising to all new, current, transfer and undeclared students.
2. Interpret ACT or COMPASS test scores and required developmental courses for desired degree.
3. Assist and refer students to other campus services and resources.
4. Must be comfortable with public speaking and giving classroom presentations for advising to include but not limited to the following areas:
• Provide career exploration activities
• Provide group advising and registration activities
• Provide individual advising in collaboration with faculty
• Assist students with access to other campus services such as counseling, disability services and tutoring.
5. Advise current students and assist with setting up and using MyPTC Portal account to register for classes online.
6. Participate in the delivery of new student orientation at Little Rock-South Campus as needed.
7. Assist students, staff, faculty and visitors with admissions, registration for classes, financial aid and other college processes and procedures.
8. Serve as testing proctor.
9. Other duties as assigned.
|Minimum Requirements: ||Qualifications
1. Master's degree required preferably in student personnel services, counseling, or higher education administration.
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Customer and solutions oriented with a strong commitment to customer service while maintaining compliance with policies.
4. Ability to perform detailed, multi-functional work with accuracy.
5. General computer and web knowledge required, experience with POISE student information system preferred.
6. Commitment to the mission of a comprehensive two-year college and an understanding of the different components of a student services operation.
|Contact Info: ||Interested candidates should submit a Pulaski Technical College employment application, resume and unofficial college transcripts to: Pulaski Technical College, Office of Human Resources, 3000 West Scenic Drive, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72118. |