Foundations of Excellence
During this academic year, Pulaski Technical College is participating with 14 other two-year colleges nationwide in “Foundations of Excellence® in the First College Year,” a major first-year self study and improvement planning process. Pulaski Tech and three other Arkansas two-year colleges have been selected by the Arkansas Association of Two-Year Colleges (AATYC) to participate in this important project, which is being generously funded by a Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation grant. The Foundations of Excellence® model was developed by the Policy Center on the First Year of College, which has as its mission the improvement of the beginning college experience for students.
The Foundations of Excellence® self-study process is designed to help PTC evaluate its current practices regarding first-year students. The goal of this process is to help the college identify and then meet the unique needs of its first-year students. Liaisons for this project are Ann Fellinger and Amy Baldwin , and a Steering Committee of more than 70 PTC employees will guide the self-study process over the course of the academic year. (For more information about Foundations of Excellence® in the First College Year, go to www.fyfoundations.org).
New Student Philosophy Statement
Pulaski Technical College is committed to the academic, personal, and professional development of its students. The quality of the new-student experience is critical to the achievement of the college’s mission and lays the foundation upon which future educational successes will be built. This commitment obligates the Pulaski Tech community to cooperatively and intentionally structure programs, activities, and services to promote the success of new students.
- Foundations of Excellence Final Report Outline (PDF)
- Foundations of Excellence Final Report (PDF)
- Dimension Recommended Action Items (PDF)
- Dimension Action Items with Narratives (PDF)
- Foundations of Excellence Liaisons’ Report Spring, 2007 (PDF)
- Philosophy Dimension Report (PDF)
- Campus Culture Report (PDF)
- Transitions Dimension Report (PDF)
- Learning Dimension Report (PDF)
- Organization Dimension Report (PDF)
- All Students Report (PDF)
- Diversity Report (PDF)
- Roles and Purposes (PDF)
- Improvement Dimension Report (PDF)