The individuals in the Disability Services department at Pulaski Technical College are committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to the academic, social, and cultural programs PTC offers. This commitment is consistent with legal requirements, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and embodies the college’s determination to ensure the inclusion of all members of its communities.
- Our goal at Disability Services is to provide services and support to ensure that students are able to access and participate in the opportunities available at Pulaski Technical College. In keeping with this objective, students are expected and encouraged to utilize the resources of Disability Services to the degree they determine necessary. Although a significant degree of independence is expected of students, Disability Services is available to assist, should the need arise.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Rochelle Redus, Counselor
Phone and Fax: (501) 812-2333
Cindi Holleman, Counselor
Phone and Fax: (501) 771-6074
Phone: 501-812-2738 and Fax: (501) 812-2733
Pulaski Technical College
- recognizes all provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as the ADA Amendments passed by Congress on September 29, 2008.
- provides equal access to programs/services
- provides training to faculty and staff about Disability Services
- offers information about resources on campus
- provides reasonable accommodations for students with learning, medical, physical, psychological, sensory, or other documented disabilities
Example of services provided:
- Consultation with faculty and facilitation of classroom and testing accommodations
- Facilitation of access to programs and facilities
- Books in alternate formats
- Note takers
- Sign Language/English and oral interpreters
HOW TO REGISTER WITH DISABILITY SERVICES:
Contact Disability Services at (501) 812-2738 or email@example.com
Current PTC Students/Admitted Students
1. Click here or click the button below to schedule an appointment with Disability Services.
2. Bring documentation of your disability to the appointment.
DO NOT DELAY MEETING WITH DISABILITY SERVICES because you are concerned that you may not have appropriate documentation. If documentation is needed, we can assist you in obtaining documentation from a qualified diagnostician or from colleges you previously attended.
3. Meet with a Disability Services counselor to discuss how your disability affects you in the classroom and appropriate academic accommodations.