Six area chefs will compete for a spot at the June 3 finale where the preliminary winner will challenge the reigning winner, Chef Daniel Cappello from the Chenal Country Club. At the preliminary, each chef and his sous chef must create dishes using a mystery basket of ingredients announced at the start of the competition. Attendees can bid on a chance to enjoy the culinary delights prepared during the matches.
Hors d'oeuvres will be served 5-8 p.m. Admission is free, and no ticket is required.
Lisa and Darwin Buehler, owners of Allegra Printing and Imaging, are serving as the event chairs.
Participating chefs include the following:
- Philippe Ducrot, Faculty, PTC Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute
- Coby Smith, Executive Chef, Arkansas Heart Hospital
- Marc Guizol, Executive Sous Chef, Capital Hotel
- Elliot Jones, Executive Chef, YaYa's Euro Bistro
- Jason Morell, Executive Chef and Owner, Starving Artist Café
- Payne Harding, Executive Chef, Cache