Pulaski Technical College students, faculty and staff will have access to health screenings, demonstrations, door prizes and lots of health-related information this week at the college's third annual PTC Health Challenge.
The two-day health fair takes place 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday and 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday in the Campus Center Grand Hall on the Main campus.
Pulaski Tech nursing students will offer free blood pressure checks, and Arkansas Heart Hospital will provide body mass index (BMI) and body fat screenings. HIV screenings also will be available.
Many more vendors will offer information about health and wellness services available in Central Arkansas. Students can also try on "drunk goggles" and shoot baskets as part of Mocktail Madness, sponsored by Pulaski Tech's Student Government Association and Arkansas Collegiate Drug Education Coalition.
Students who participate and complete the exit survey will be entered into a drawing for a free three credit-hour class. For more information, contact Donna McSpadden at 501-812-2814.
Vendors include the following:
• Am University Healing Arts
• American Heart Association
• Arkansas Attorney General
• Arkansas Children's Hospital
• Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence
• Arkansas Collegiate Drug Education Coalition
• Arkansas Department of Health Stamp Out Smoking
• Arkansas Health Care Access Foundation
• Arkansas Heart Hospital
• Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare
• Community Assistance Program
• Family Service Agency
• Future Builders Inc.
• Hurley Chiropractic
• Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Education
• Metro Student Ministries
• Odyssey Hospice
• Ottenheimer Library
• PTC Exercise Courses
• PTC Health Challenge
• PTC Nursing
• PTC Success Network
• PTC Advising
• PTC Career Counseling
• PTC Police
• Safe Places
• 10 Fitness
• UAMS Central for Addiction Research
• UAMS/Arkansas Children's Hospital Injury Prevention Center
• UAMS Witness Project
• Village Commons
• Windsor Medicare Extra
• Y.E.S. (Smoking Cessation)