Application Procedures for Dual Enrollment Students (High School)
Act 1097 of the Arkansas General Assembly provides for students who are enrolled in an accredited high school and meet the admission standards of Pulaski Technical College to dually/concurrently enroll for academic courses. Pulaski Technical College considers those students who are less than 18 years of age and who have not graduated from high school as falling under the provisions of this policy. Students in grades nine through 12 may enroll for credit courses by meeting the following criteria that apply to fall, spring or summer enrollment.
- Students must have completed the eighth grade and be enrolled in an accredited public or private secondary school or home school.
- Students must complete an application for admission, submit a high school transcript, and provide test scores (COMPASS or ACT) indicating achievement of minimum placement test scores established for the desired course or program. The COMPASS is administered on campus by Testing Services.
- Dually/concurrently enrolled students are classified as non-degree/non-certificate seeking and are not eligible for financial aid.
- Dually/concurrently enrolled students may not enroll for more than seven semester hours during any semester.
- The course load may not include developmental courses.
- All arrangements for receiving dual high school/college credit and/or arrangements of third party payment of tuition and fees are the responsibility of the student.
- Dually/concurrently enrolled high school students must be advised and registered by an advisor. Appointments can be made by calling (501) 812-2220.
Other Important Information:
Admissions and Records
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2231
Fax: (501) 812-2316