For members of the Armed Forces:
If you are on military orders for a deployment or a temporary or permanent
change of station that lasts more than 30 days that will prevent you from
completing your current semester at Pulaski Tech, you have the right, under
Arkansas Code § 6-61-112, to be allowed one of the options listed below for
If you are included on the military orders of a spouse, parent, or legal
guardian which include a 30 day or more absence that will prevent you from
completing your current semester, you have the right, under Arkansas Code §
6-61-112, to be allowed one of the options listed below for refund/completion.
Options for individuals facing orders of 30 days or more during a semester:
- If you paid out-of-pocket and are not receiving any financial aid, you
are eligible to receive a 100% refund of tuition & fees.
- If your tuition and fees are paid by financial aid (including grants and
loans), you will not receive a refund. Instead, you will be offered a waiver
for tuition and fees upon return to PTC. The tuition and fee waiver will
cover up to, but not to exceed, the total tuition and fee charges for which
you are currently enrolled.
- If you are within four (4) weeks of the end of the semester, you may
choose to speak with the instructors in each class regarding an Incomplete.
The Incomplete procedure must be followed.
Military Deployment withdrawals must be initiated in the Veterans Services
Deployment Form (PDF)
Veterans Service Office
3000 West Scenic Drive, Room 338, North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2360
- Complete the Request for Refund of Tuition & Fees or Tuition & Fees
waived upon return. Make sure to sign and date the form. Both pages of form
must be submitted.
- Attach a copy of your official military orders.
- If a dependent of a soldier is being deployed - a copy of DEERS
paperwork showing military dependency.
• Notify your instructor(s) of the deployment and discuss the possibility of
Incompletes if you will be leaving within four weeks of the end of the
current term and have a grade of “C” or better.
• Meet with Financial Aid Office to see determine how the withdrawal will
impact the current financial aid package and future financial aid
Incomplete Grade Policy
Awarding a grade of incomplete, “I,” is completely at the discretion of
the instructor. A grade of incomplete is considered only when the student
has been unable, because of illness or other reasons beyond his/her control,
to finish work assigned in the course near the end of a semester. Students
must meet the following conditions to be considered for an incomplete grade:
- The student must contact the instructor to initiate the incomplete request
and must make arrangements for completing the coursework with the
- The student must be carrying at least a “C” in the course prior to the
circumstances prompting the request for an incomplete grade.
- The student must be in compliance with all course requirements, including
attendance and must have completed at least 60 percent of the coursework.
- The student must submit appropriate documentation of the reason(s) the
student is not able to complete the coursework to the instructor.
- The student and instructor must agree on specific course requirements to
be completed and must complete and sign the Incomplete Grade Form.
- The appropriate dean must approve all requests for a grade of incomplete.
- Course requirements agreed upon by the student and instructor and
specified on the Incomplete Grade Form must be completed within one academic
semester. An incomplete grade not made up by the following fall/spring
semester will automatically become an “F.”
>Back to Veterans Services
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2200
Copyright 2014 Pulaski Technical College. All Rights Reserved.