Who can benefit from the TRIO Scholars Program?
Students who are committed to working toward their degrees and who want academic assistance to become better students. Students must meet federal eligibility criteria.
When is the best time for faculty and others to refer students?
We can't emphasize enough the importance of students coming to our program early in the semester. Our experience shows that many students who are referred here never come, or come too late. Here are a few things you can do to help a student make the connection:
- Have the student access our Web site from your office for information and print out the application.
- Have the student call from your office to make an appointment with a staff member, to which s/he will bring the completed application.
- Call one of our staff while the student is in your office. We can talk with you and the student about his/her situation right then, answer any questions, and encourage his/her application.
- Walk the student over to our office to be introduced and to pick up an application. The application can be filled out in the office and the student can schedule an appointment to speak with a staff member.
How is the decision made whether or not to accept a student?
- Students must be eligible based on federal eligibility criteria.
- The application and documentation must be complete. We do not provide services until all documentation is submitted.
- There must be room in the program. We are funded to serve 180 students, two thirds of whom must qualify as both first generation & low income.
>Back to TRIO Scholars
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2200
Copyright 2013 Pulaski Technical College. All Rights Reserved.