Resources for Advisors/Students || Course Registration Information || Career Services
New Student Orientation || Transfer Advising and Information || Advising FAQ || Staff
Sign up for an advising appointment today!
Join us on Facebook! Click here to "like" the Pulaski Tech Academic Advising Center and receive updates on happenings in Advising.
Advising Center Services
- Discuss ACT and/or Compass scores, transfer credits, degree plan and certificate options, and required course work
- Assist students with registering for the first semester of courses
- Provide students with relevant information about other campus resources and services
- Advise students on appropriate classes for upcoming semester
- Help student to create a plan for graduation by choosing a degree and becoming familiar with degree requirements
- Answer any questions regarding a degree plan or a specific class
- Help students set educational, career and life goals and determine the best course of action for achieving goals
- Provide students with relevant information on other campus resources and services
Objectives of Advising
- Understand the policies, procedures, degree options, and program requirements for chosen area of study and for the College as a whole
- Understand the relationship between your chosen degree/certificate program and your career plans
- Clearly define educational objectives and develop a plan that best helps you achieve educational success
- Utilize resources available to you on campus to assist you in establishing your academic goals
- Demonstrate effective decision-making concerning degree and career goals
Advisor and Student Responsibilities
- Assist you in defining your academic, career and personal goals
- Help you create an academic plan consistent with those goals
- Understand and effectively communicate degree/certificate requirements
- Work with you to assess your academic performance and areas of strength to ensure they are consistent with your plans
- Be available to answer your questions, either in person, via email or by phone
- Provide a respectful, supportive atmosphere during advising sessions
- Continue to find ways to improve the advising process and communication of important information
- Stay current on changing policy and curriculum and seek appropriate campus resources when needed
- Refer you to other campus offices as needed
- Meet with an advisor before your first semester to discuss possible degree options and to learn to register
- Meet with an advisor at least once a semester to make sure you are on the right track for reaching your goals
- Register yourself on the My PTC Portal after discussing appropriate class choices with advisor
- Bring a list of questions and relevant materials to all advising sessions. Ask questions if you do not understand a topic discussed with your advisor
- Review your degree requirements each semester and track your progress toward completing graduation requirements.
- Read your PTC email regularly
- Become knowledgeable of College policies, offices and resources which support student success at PTC
- Be involved in the advising process by being prepared to discuss your goals and plans during the advising session
- Take responsibility for making your own academic and career decisions based on available information and advice
Advising Center Hours and Location
Main Campus – CCB 105
Monday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Little Rock South – Student Services 101
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. and by appointment. Contact Geoff Thiers at email@example.com.
Little Rock-West - Room 107-A
Monday - 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday - 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
>Back to Current Students
Pulaski Technical College
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
Phone: (501) 812-2200
Copyright 2013 Pulaski Technical College. All Rights Reserved.